Guest Services is designed to remove any barriers for our guests as they worship on Sunday mornings. We want our guests to feel comfortable and be able to focus on Christ. If you are interested in serving on or would like more information about a guest services team please email email@example.com or call Julia Farrow, Volunteer Coordinator, at 887-1152.
This team greets our guests as they arrive on Sunday morning, as well as distributes the Connection Cards. Greeters arrive 30 minutes before the service begins and greet until approximately 10 minutes after the service begins.
Team members arrive and do a walk-through of the worship area checking to make sure everything is in its place and ready to go. They collect the tithes and offerings during the service. After the service, they pick up any trash, tidy the restrooms.
Parking Lot Team
The Parking Team’s main objective is to ensure safety and order while greeting and directing cars and pedestrians in our parking lot. This is the first experience many people will have at Cornerstone, and we want it to be great. Parking Lot volunteers arrive 30 minutes before the service begins and serve until approximately 10 minutes after the service begins.
Children’s Check-In Team
Help our Cornerstone Kids (infants through 5th grade) get checked in to their rooms, complete with security tag, so their parents know they are safe and in the right place. Check-in volunteers arrive 30 minutes before the service begins and serve until 15 minutes after the service begins.
A great team for early risers or if you like to work behind the scenes. This team comes in to bake biscuits and cookies, and grill sausage for volunteers on Sunday mornings. They also set up the cafe and start the coffee going before they finish. They are finished and have everything cleaned up in time to head to worship (with usually time to go home first).
One of the first stops people make when they walk into church is our Cafe! Our Cafe Team keeps the coffee, donuts, and juice ready and the coffee station cleaned and stocked. Some set-up and break down may be involved. If you are a “people person,” this is a great spot to serve.
At Cornerstone Kids, our goal is to help our kids connect with God’s Word and apply it to their lives. Each week, we create an atmosphere of fun for our kids! Using exciting games and crafts, upbeat music, drama, and engaging Bible stories, we are building a foundation of faith in the lives of children as we love them and lead them to know and serve Jesus. If you would like more information or would like to join the Cornerstone Kids team, contact Jill Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Pebble Path, we serve infants through pre-K age 5. You will hold and rock babies, build blocks with toddlers, color with our preschoolers and teach them about God and His great love. You will welcome our littlest ones into our faith family each week and leave a lasting impression about our heavenly Father. Team members serve at one service every other Sunday.
- Age Group Leaders welcome children, engage them in fun and play, and lead the lesson in a 2, 3, 4 or 5 year old classroom. All lesson plans, supplies and material are provided each week.
- Age Group Assistants welcome children, engage them in fun and play, and assist teaching team members with lesson activities, and help with our infants and toddlers in the nursery.
In Rock City, we play games with our elementary kids (k-5th grades), lead crafts and other activities. We help our kids engage in worship, Bible stories and small group activities. You’ll get to know our kids and see them grow in faith as you share God’s love with them! Team members serve at one service every other Sunday.
- Grade Group Leaders welcome children, lead introductory activities, help children engage in worship and Bible stories, and lead small age-group activities. All lesson plans, supplies and material are provided each week.
- Grade Group Assistants welcome children, help them engage in introductory activities, worship, Bible stories, and assist teaching team members with small group activities.
In Creative Arts in Cornerstone Kids, You will use your unique gifts and talents to help kids engage in worship and connect with God and His Word in fun and relevant ways. Creative Arts team members serve approximately once a month.
- Bible Storytelling Team Members tell the Bible story in a fun and exciting way. You will help make God’s Word come to life for our kids. Bible story script and all props and supplies are provided.
- Worship Team Members create an atmosphere of excitement, energy and authentic worship. Using instruments, singing and movement, you will help children enjoy worshiping our great God.
- Drama Team Members act out theatrical representations of Bible stories and biblical themes as you help kids connect with God and His Word.
- Production Team Members utilize audio, visual and other technical equipment to enhance the learning environment. Direct sound, lights, lyrics, props, images during our children’s worship, Bible storytelling and drama presentations.
CornerstoneYouth’s mission is to lead people to know and serve Jesus through relational ministry. Our main program is on Sunday evenings during the school year from 5:30-7:30pm. We have a variety of other events that take place throughout the year! We have many different ways we need help in CornerstoneYouth! Take a moment to read through the roles below and if you find one that fits you, email Marcus Popenfoose (Youth Director) at email@example.com!
- The Small Group Leaders have the most direct contact with our students. They are responsible for leading our students on Sunday nights and during the week! We ask that our Small Group Leaders sign a Leader Commitment before they start discipling our students. We also provide training for these Leaders.
- The Hospitality Team mans the check-in stations and helps us make/serve the food! This roll is great for someone that wants to help out and be a part of the evening but doesn’t feel comfortable diving in deep with the students. Without this team, our Sunday’s are too wild to manage!
- The Security Team is in charge of making sure that no shady business happens during youth! They hang around the parking lot to make sure no random vehicles are loitering and they make sure no students are leaving unexpectedly. They keep our students safe and accounted for!
- Other: We love people who love students. If you have a heart for youth ministry and want to be involved but nothing strikes your fancy, email me anyways! We want people that want to love on these students!
Other Serving Opportunities you may be interested in:
Front Desk Reception Team
We rely on a team of volunteers to assist with reception at the church throughout the workweek during church office hours. Volunteer team members answer the phone, route calls appropriately, greet visitors, give church information and assist with other office tasks as needed. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with children in school, a retiree or a college student to use their gifts of service. Volunteers in this area should be comfortable interacting with familiar and unfamiliar faces, have a warm personality and be reliable. Contact Lynn Blount at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Do you have above-average photographic skill and a desire to glorify God through photography? If so, we want you on our Photo Team! Volunteers may expect to serve one to three hours each month- most of the time it’s as simple as bringing your camera and taking pictures at an event you already planned to attend. Contact Scott Fillmer at email@example.com for more information.
Would you like to help our musicians and teachers create an atmosphere where songs can lead people to respond in worship and where the word of God can be clearly spoken? If so, there are opportunities to serve with the production team that may be a fit for you.
The audio/recording volunteer is responsible for running the sound board and for recording the message each week for the podcast. The lighting/video volunteer is responsible for the house and stage lights, as well as what is shown on the main screen and side monitors. For more information, email Scott Fillmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.