Tables will be a three week church- wide gathering beginning the week of Jan. 28, 2018! The vision for Tables is to build community within the church through fellowship and food. Sunday mornings can be hard to really get to know people. Tables is a time to build deeper relationships. These three weeks will be focused on fellowship and community! We will also cast vision for worship, groups, and serving as our strategy for leading people to know and serve Jesus!
We are in need of host homes!
If you are interested in being a host home or if you would like more information please click: Host Homes
The idea of host homes:
- Organize dinner for the group
- The dinner should be simple, casual, and the environment should be fun and inviting.
- You want dinner to be easy. The focus should be on building relationships.
- Soup, pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, taco bar, breakfast for dinner, takeout, baked potato bar.
- Communicate with other members of group to get involved by bringing a side dish.
- Really get to know each member in your group and help build relationships between group members. It’s about building a community.
“As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!” “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”