Rooted in the Gospel, week 6 – Rusty Hutson – May13, 2018
Jesus gives different eyes, kingdom eyes, that seek first his kingdom, and when we see with Kingdom eyes, the patterns of worry will always fall.
Seeing With Different Eyes
- Looking around Causes Anxiety
- Keeping up with the Joneses of the world never satisfies.
- Looking at everything and everyone else always bring worry –> concern over things you can’t control
- Philippians 4:6-7
- Anxiety/worry — old eyes/old ways
- Petition the Lord, thank God for him, his knowing what you need
- Looking Back Helps Us Be Thankful
- Look at what God has done
- Ebenezer – monuments raised in Israel to remind the people, and future generations, of all that God has done and promises to continue doing
- Deuteronomy 7:9
- Looking Up Gives Us Confidence
- Psalm 121:1-2
Worship and worry cannot live in the same heart; they are mutually exclusive – Ruth Bell Graham
- Looking to God First Creates Contentment
- Seek first the kingdom, and everything else will fall where it should
- Philippians 4:11-13
- Learn contentment in any and every situation –> Contentment only comes when rooted in Christ.
God is Great, therefore I don’t have to worry.
What does it take for God to be in control of all things in my life?