Freedom – Week 2 :: October 8, 2017 – Rusty Hutson
Christ came to free us from the demands of the law. The law could never give us the relationship that the work of Jesus would accomplish.
Gospel – “good news” in Greek. What is that good news? Freedom from the law, sin, and death; Freedom to live for Christ.
Truths on The Good News, the Gospel of Jesus Christ:
Is About Grace
- Ephesians 2:8-9 – grace, through faith along, a gift so that no man could ever boast in his salvation.
- We must move from belief in our minds that this is true, then trust that it is good for us to finally, by faith, receiving the gift of salvation from Christ.
- This gift is free, but it certainly is not cheap – it cost Jesus his life and separation from the Father.
The World is Dying for Good News
- In a world full of brokenness and pain, the news of the person and work of Christ is our only true hope
- We, the church, have the gospel that frees everyone who believes from the bondage of this dying world.
You Must Die in order to have the Gospel
- Galatians 2:19-21 – we have been crucified with him and are not free to live in him. Jesus did not die for nothing!
- The old life will always get heavier the longer you hold on to it.
Conviction is less about condemnation and more about invitation
Don’t let anything hinder you from the invitation to walk in the freedom that comes to those who follow Christ.
Jesus is the only thing we need in this life.