Throughout the months of November and December, we will be collecting boxes of food that we will then use to stock the shelves of the Food Bank of East Alabama. If you would like to be a part of this opportunity to serve others, here’s what you need to do:
- Grab a box! Beginning Sunday, November 19, you can pick up an empty box in the lobby (on Sunday mornings and during office hours) with the checklist of items to purchase.
- Fill the box! Follow the guidelines on the checklist (see list below) for what you should pack in the box.
- Return the loaded box! You can return the filled box on any Sunday or you can drop it off during office hours.
- Stock the shelves on January 6, 2018! Everyone will meet at Cornerstone at 9 am to unpack and sort the food, then load up and caravan over to The Food Bank of East Alabama to deliver the food. Families are welcome.
Here is a list of items recommended for each box. However, you are welcome to buy any quantity of an item, as long as that item is on the list. If you have any other questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) Jar of Peanut Butter, Big or Small
(2-4) Canned Meats, Chicken, Tuna, Vienna Sausage, etc.
(3-4) Canned Soups or Stews
(1) Bottle or Can of 100% Fruit Juice
(2-3) Canned Fruits
(3-4) Canned Vegetables
(2-3) Boxes of Macaroni & Cheese Dinners
(1) Box of Pasta, Spaghetti, Shells, etc.
(1-2) Bags of Rice, 2 Small Bags or 1 Big Bag
(1) Container of Instant Oatmeal or Grits
(2) Boxes of Cereal