Skip to content
Julia Farrow – Communications and Guest Services Coordinator
- Birthplace: Long Beach, CA and grew up in Cottage Grove, Minnesota
- Education: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a degree in Religious Studies
- Family life: Married to Ben (professor at Auburn) and have 4 kids: Abby (a vet student at Auburn), Joseph (at United States Naval Academy), Meredith (cheerleader), and Gabe (soccer player).
- Favorite subject in high school: Business classes and band (I played the drums and piano.)
- First job: Snack bar operator at a Roller Skating Rink
- When did you join the Cornerstone staff team? I joined the staff team in 2008 first as the front desk receptionist and then moved into Communications.
- What do you like to do in your free time: Scrapbooking, exercising, AU athletics and Auburn Thunder soccer.
- Favorite Book: I really don’t have a favorite book now. But my favorite books growing up were the Little House on the Prairie books because they took place so close to my house.
- Favorite Movie: “Gone with the Wind”. When I was growing up in Minnesota, I knew I had this mysterious “southern” family in North Carolina (my dad’s side of the family). Watching this movie made me feel like a southerner. And I love the accents and Clark Gable!
- Favorite Food: My mom’s Tuna Noodle Casserole and pizza with black olives
- What is your greatest challenge? Raising 4 kids, working, having a husband who is busy with work and travels, and dealing with a father-in-law with Alzheimers – all at the same time.
- What has God been teaching you lately? Everything is done in God’s good timing. And “this too shall pass.”