Skip to content
Ginny Hand – Youth Ministry Coordinator
- Birthplace: I was born in Jackson, MS and raised in Bolton, MS.
- Education: Central Hinds Academy in 1983, received an Associate’s Degree from Hinds Community College in 1985 and a communications degree from Mississippi College in 1988.
- Family Life: Married to John – three kids Camp, Kathleen and Maggie
- Favorite Subject in High school: Biology
- First Job: Babysitting at age 13
- How did you come to Cornerstone and why did you stay? Our family came to Cornerstone because Camp asked if we could visit the church where “Michael’s Dad” was a preacher. We were looking for a church home after a difficult move. We stayed at Cornerstone because of the people!
- Tell us about your role at Cornerstone: My job is Youth Coordinator. The best part of my job is working with a great team of people and our students.
- What do you like to do in your free time? I love to travel in my free time. I also enjoy being outside.
- What place would you like to visit and why? I would love to visit Atlantis in the Bahamas. From the pictures, it seems like a relaxing atmosphere.
- Favorite Book: Love Does by Bob Goff. It is a true story, and my family can relate to it.
- Favorite Movie: “Steel Magnolias”. It was the first movie that John and I saw together, and it seemed very real at the time to me (growing up in the south). Another favorite is “Father of the Bride”. It describes my dad and me to a “T”.
- Favorite Food: Any kind of salad
- What inspires you? My family
- Do you have a pet peeve? Yes…laziness and lying. Can NOT stand either.
- Is there one thing you want people to know about you? I want people to know I don’t want credit or recognition for what I do. I work well behind the scenes, and I love doing things for people (without a lot of public display).