Emily Waugh – Early Childhood Ministry Coordinator
I am privileged to the Early Childhood Ministry Coordinator here at Cornerstone Church! My husband, Ron Waugh, and I have been married for 14 years and have four amazing boys, Justice, Titus, Liam and Chase! I absolutely adore my children and they inspire me daily! My husband is a rock for our family and I am grateful for His hard work! After graduating Auburn University in 2003, 3rd generation Auburn alum (War Eagle!) in Social Work I spent time working in Family Preservation and Foster Care before coming home to be a stay at home mom with my first child. After 10 years at home the Lord called me to be the Coordinator for Pebble Path and am thrilled to be where I am!
- Where are you from: Born in Birmingham, graduated high school in Auburn
- When did you join the Cornerstone staff: August 2015
- Who do you look up to today: My mom is my constant mentor and support in life.
- What is your greatest passion in life: I push myself constantly to clear my life of anything that is in the way of my relationship with Jesus Christ. I want to have a life marked by peace and joy so that I am able to serve my family, my church and ultimately the Lord. I am a work in progress and thankful for God’s grace in my life!
- Why did God call you to serve on staff at Cornerstone: I was primarily a stay at home mom up until joining Cornerstone Staff. I was content and happy where God had me. When the position became available I thought how much I would love it! However, I was happy where I was and wasn’t sure how I could balance everything in my life if I did this new adventure. So, I attempted to push it out of my mind, but it would not leave me. God had placed the desire to serve on my heart and with excitement and passion I followed His lead and applied and the rest is history! I could not be happier to be a part of Cornerstone Staff in Pebble Path! My heart is to see families and children thrive and live their lives for Jesus Christ! I am blessed to get to work with amazing staff and volunteers to impact lives each day!