Fall is in the air and we at Cornerstone Youth are gearing up for a great semester, as well as a great year!
Before I tell you about our Volunteer Training, you are NOT too late to sign up to volunteer with Cornerstone Youth!!!!!!!!!!!!! We would love to have you join our team!! Last Sunday afternoon, we hosted our Volunteer Training! It was a great time, where we reconnected and met several new volunteers, plus our 3 interns for the year! Marcus and I talked through the values of Cornerstone Church and how we practice those values in Cornerstone Youth. There were a lot of good conversations about our values and our mission as a church, and how those play out in Cornerstone Youth. Marcus did a great job casting the vision for the year and where we were headed with our “Rooted” series. Our group leaders were very excited about this vision and how well the students would respond!
Maybe you have thought about volunteering in some capacity with our youth? We would love to have you join us!!! Did you know that we have some 60-70 volunteers????? Below are several ways that you can volunteer:
- GROUP LEADER: These volunteers are with the students each and every week. Most of our groups meet outside of the normal Sunday evening meeting time, usually for breakfast!
- HOSPITALITY TEAM: These volunteers take care of getting our students checked in and serving their snack dinner each and every week.
- SECURITY TEAM: These volunteers cover the parking lot and outdoors, to ensure our students safety while they are having fun at Youth.
- PRODUCTION TEAM: These volunteers take care of microphone/music/graphics/and all things technical!
- YOUTH LED WORSHIP BAND: We believe in youth leading youth in this way! If you have a musical or vocal talent, come on out and audition!
So, you see, we have many ways that you can jump in with us! We are looking forward to our Parent/Youth kick off coming up on September 10th! Parents, there will be an opportunity for you to sign up to volunteer at that time! In the meantime, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Marcus (email@example.com) or myself (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions! We hope to see you all on Sunday, September 10th!
Youth Ministry Coordinator