Tuesdays, October 18, 25 and November 2: 6:15-7:15 pm in the Worship Area
Parents, our next Equip is for you! We are very excited to welcome Dr. Patrick M. Quinn to Cornerstone for Equip: Parents – three sessions that will help us learn to apply biblical wisdom in fresh ways based on the overarching principal; we become better parents by becoming better people through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Patrick Quinn is a Teaching Pastor and Director of Multi-Site Ministries at Frazer UMC in Montgomery, Alabama. Patrick holds a Bachelor of Science from Florida State University, a Master of Divinity from Emory University and a Doctor of Ministry from Drew University. Patrick and his wife, Rachael, have three children, as well as joyfully serving in the topsy-turvy world of being a foster care family. He is the author of How to Ruin Your Child in Seven Easy Steps. Through humorous stories and practical, biblical wisdom, Patrick will share incites from his book and from his life to help parents:
- Discover how the Seven Deadly Sins (wrath, greed, envy, lust, sloth, gluttony, pride) distort who your children were created to be – and how to overcome them.
- Learn practical tools to nurture the Seven Life-Giving Virtues that empower your child to become fully human.
- Leverage the Power of Imitation so that you can influence change through relationship rather than through force.
- Diagnose strengths and weaknesses in your unique parenting styles and develop an Intentional Parenting Plan.
- Gain the Wisdom of the Group by swapping stories and sharing practices with others along the parenting journey.
How to Ruin Your Child in Seven Easy Steps is one of my favorite parenting resources. I know you will enjoy hearing from Patrick, getting to know other parents, and sharing stories and strategies that will help us all become more effective parents. Books will be available for $15.
Cornerstone Kids will be open during Equip: Parents for infants through fifth graders. Register for Equip: Parents and for Cornerstone Kids here.
Director of Children’s Ministries