At Cornerstone Church we believe community groups are central to helping people feel a sense of belonging and a connection to Jesus. We talk about life change happening best in community and our groups are designed to encourage that community. Through regular gatherings with a small group of people we hope to provide environments where group participants will constantly be moving closer to God.
Our groups can’t happen unless there is a leader or co-leaders responsible for each group. In 1 Corinthians 3:6, Paul taught the Corinthians that some plant the seeds, others water them, but God makes them grow. Group leaders have the privilege of creating environments in which seeds of faith are planted and watered in the lives of those they lead, while trusting God with the growth.
There is always a need for new group leaders at Cornerstone. Multiplication is one of the goals of Community Groups once they have been together for a while. With that in mind, identifying and mentoring new leaders is a priority for the Cornerstone leadership.
Role of a Community Group Leader
- Have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Recognize the Bible as the authority for their lives
- Have Community Group experience (preferably)
- Have the time, emotional capacity, and moral discernment to lead a group
- Lead the group by facilitating the group meeting, monitoring its health and duration, and promoting participation among group members
- Commit to engage in leadership development opportunities provided by Cornerstone
- Identify and develop a qualified apprentice and embrace apprentice leader development as a measure of success
- For Married Community Groups, both husband and wife actively participate in all group leadership activities
If you think leading a Community Group is something you are interested in, please let us know by filling out this form. One of our group coaches will get back with you soon.