Here’s what’s happening this month at Cornerstone Kids. You will find information about what the kids are learning, preview videos, take home materials and more.
Happy Spring, friends! This past Sunday we kicked off a brand new month with new teaching in Cornerstone Kids. In the environments we create, the songs we sing, the Bible lessons we teach and the fun activities that make up each Sunday morning experience, we strive to lay a foundation of faith in the lives of your children as we love them and lead them to know and serve Jesus. It’s such a joy to watch them engage in all that we do and see how the Lord is growing and shaping their faith. We hope you are seeing evidence of this growth in their lives and that their young faith is inspiring yours! Here’s what’s happening in Cornerstone Kids in April. You won’t want your kids to miss any of it!
We hope your little ones came home on Sunday talking about “My Neighborhood” which is our theme this month in Pebble Path. As they enjoy playtime in make believe neighborhoods, they will learn the importance of being a good neighbor. With examples from God’s word and the early church, our preschoolers will learn how important it is to share, to help each other and to worship God together. We passed out our new April placemats on Sunday. We hope it will sit on your table all month long and will be a reminder to talk with your children about their faith. Ask them about this month’s Bottom Line, “I can love God and love people.” Practice our memory verse together which is Matthew 22:37-39, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart …Love your neighbor as yourself.” Take a moment to watch our April Preview Video below to see all that your little ones will be learning in Pebble Path this month.
Take Home Pages:
Have you checked out our extreme Hangin’ Tough obstacle course in Rock City? We have to admit it is pretty cool, and we had a lot of fun creating it! We’ve set the stage to capture our kids’ attention and their hearts as we help them grow in God’s character and His likeness. This month we’ll be teaching from the book of Hebrews about Perseverance. We know that Jesus persevered through the worst: rejection, violence, heartache, and even death itself—all to rescue us. We want to help our kids fix their eyes on Him when life gets hard, learn to trust God no matter what and never give up. The verse your children will be memorizing this month is Isaiah 40:31. This is a great verse and we hope you will enjoy learning it, too, as you practice it at home together. “But those who trust in the Lord will receive new strength. They will fly as high as eagles. They will run and not get tired. They will walk and not grow weak.” Check out this month’s Preview Video below to see all that your children will be learning in Rock City this month.
- WinShape Camps for Communities is coming June 20-24. For grades completed 1st-9th. Register now! Discounts available for Cornerstone Kids and Youth.
- Make a difference in the lives of kids in our community by volunteering at WinShape Camp at Cornerstone. Find out how here.
- Summer Serve Days for 4th & 5th Graders– Join us in June as we head out into the community to serve. Watch for more details coming soon with specific serve locations, days and times.
- Student Life for Kids Camp is July 26-29 for current 4th and 5th graders in Toccoa, GA. Cost is $259.
- Infant Baptism Sunday is April 17. To have you infant (through 18 months old) baptized during morning worship, contact Lynn Blount at email@example.com.
- Baptism Celebration is May 1. For more information on taking a next step in baptism, contact Lynn Blount at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are excited about the many ways God will be shaping your children in their time with us on Sunday mornings. But, don’t let Sunday morning end when you walk out the doors of the church. We want you and your children to have an everyday faith – a faith that translates and carries over from church, to school, to the ball field, to your neighborhood and beyond. May God continue to inspire in you and your children ways to live out your faith boldly so that others may see Jesus in you!
Joy and blessings from all of us in Cornerstone Kids!
Director of Children’s Ministries