We can’t wait for WinShape Camps for Communities to return to our area in June! We had such an amazing experience last year as kids in our community got to be a part of WinShape for the first time. Our camp days were filled to the brim with incredible worship, recreation, sports and activities, and God’s truth communicated through staff and volunteers in a way that was relevant to our kids.
We know it will be another unprecedented experience this summer, and we don’t want you to miss this special opportunity to serve with the kids in our community and make a difference in their lives!
- WinShape Camp is June 20-24.
- Camp starts every morning at 7:45 am and ends in the afternoon at 5:00 pm. On Friday, families are invited to attend WinShape and lunch with their campers, and camp ends early at 1:15 pm.
- You’re invited to serve for the entire week if you’re able, but there are also half-day opportunities available. You can sign up to volunteer for any combination of half or full days.
- Each day at camp you’ll worship, experience Bible teaching and drama, participate with kids in the different skills, play recreation games, eat snacks and lunch with campers, and have a chance to help kids connect the messages from worship to their own lives through small group time.
- Skills include archery, basketball, cheerleading, crafts, dance, fast food, flag football, girl world, gymnastics, lacrosse, leaders in training, man land, musical theatre, newsroom, painting, secret ops, sewing, soccer, under construction, wacky science, and yard games.
- Childcare will be offered for kids of volunteers.
- There will be a brief, mandatory Volunteer Training during the afternoon on Sunday, June 19, with a dinner for volunteers and the WinShape staff following the Training.
Camp could not happen without volunteers from the community giving their time and effort to pour into the lives of hundreds of kids and their families! Volunteers are the connection between the church and the camper when the week is over, so your role is very important. We hope you’ll consider being a part of this life-changing event in our community!
Sign up to be a WinShape Camps volunteer here!
For additional information on volunteering at WinShape, contact Aimee Northrup at firstname.lastname@example.org.