Here’s what’s happening this month at Cornerstone Kids. You will find information about what the kids are learning, preview videos, take home materials and more.
Daffodils are pushing through the earth, the days are getting longer again, and Easter is just around the corner. Spring is almost here! This is a wonderful time of year in the life of our church. It’s a season to celebrate newness of life and our risen Savior.
Just a few weeks ago, we marked our journey toward Easter with our Ash Wednesday service. It was a special night for our children. Many took ashes and learned about Lent as a holy season leading up to Easter. Our interns used a Lent Bag with some sweet symbols and a Lent calendar to help our children understand the significance of reflecting, repenting, fasting and prayer as ways to draw closer to our Father and to turn away from our sins in preparation for Easter. I hope many of your children are still using the Lent bags they made that night.
We will continue to point our children to the cross in the coming weeks. On Sunday mornings in March, they will be learning and growing in their understanding of God’s incredible love and sacrifice for each one of us. Other traditional Easter events at Cornerstone include Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. Children are welcome to participate in the Maundy Thursday worship service and prayer time with their parents. On Good Friday, Cornerstone Kids will be open for infants through 3rd grade with a special Good Friday program.
“Come and follow me, Jesus said.’’ Matthew 4:19. All month long our preschoolers will be learning, through some very special Bible stories, what it means to follow Jesus. Through Jesus, we learn about God’s love and how to love others. As our little ones enjoy playing with ducks, frogs and other creatures in make-believe ponds, they will also learn that our Savior and friend offers each one of us a special invitation to follow Him. Take a moment and watch this month’s Preview Video to see all that we will be sharing with your children in Pebble Path this month. Then, use our March placemat at home to spend some time talking about what it means for your family to follow Jesus.
Take Home Pages:
Sundays this month will be focused on helping our elementary children grow in Hope. Our curriculum defines hope as believing that something good can come out of something bad. Through some amazing Bible stories and engaging small group time, our children will learn that Jesus’ life, death, burial and resurrection is enough to give us all the hope we will ever need. This month’s memory verse, John 16:33, reminds us that, “In this world you will have trouble. Be encouraged! I have won the battle over the world.” To learn more about hope, take a moment and watch this month’s Preview Video. Then ask your children about the hope we can all have in Jesus, our Savior.
- WinShape Camps for Communities is coming June 20-24. Kick-off Week/registration begins March 6.
- EQUIP: PARENTS has been postponed until a later date. Look for more information soon.
- Student Life for Kids Camp is July 26-29 for current 4th and 5th graders in Toccoa, GA. Cost is $259.
- Infant Baptism Sunday is April 17. To have you infant (through 18 months old) baptized during morning worship, contact Lynn Blount at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experience Easter at Cornerstone:
- Maundy Thursday: March 24 – Worship Service at 7 pm followed by “come and go” prayer time until 11 pm (No Cornerstone Kids)
- Good Friday: March 25, 6:30 pm – A service focused on worship (Cornerstone Kids for those infants to 3rd grade)
- Easter Sunrise Service at Lee-Scott: March 27, 6:15 am – Outdoor Worship
- Easter Worship: 8, 9:30 & 11 am – Regular Cornerstone Kids Programming
With Spring upon us, we know that Summer will be here before we know it! We hope you know that we treasure every moment we spend with your children. Each one is precious to God and to us, and we love being a part of their faith journey! From all of us in Cornerstone Kids, Happy Easter and Happy Spring!
Director of Children’s Ministries