We are excited to let you know that WinShape Camps for Communities will be back in town this summer! In June of last year, Cornerstone had the wonderful privilege of introducing what was fondly called “The Best Week Ever” to the best community ever, our very own community.
WinShape Camps for Communities is a week-long day camp experience that was birthed by Chick fil A’s Truett S. Cathy in 1985. It’s an unprecedented day camp that combines sports, recreation, the arts, Bible study and worship into one amazing week with the purpose of reaching children with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
It was such an honor for Cornerstone to be chosen to host this camp for our community. If you had a camper here last summer, if you volunteered for camp, even if you just drove by the church during the week of camp, you knew that something pretty exciting was happening here. Here are some statistics from last year’s camp:
- 290 campers attended including children from our church and children from across our community
- 100 volunteers served throughout the week of camp
- 26 well-trained, highly energized WinShape staffers led camp
- $11,000 was raised by our church family for camp scholarships
- 36 full and 12 partial scholarships were provided to make camp available to children in our community who would otherwise not have been able to attend a camp of this caliber
- 50 kids either gave their life to Christ or wanted to know more about a growing relationship with Him
It was evident that God had done something truly special through WinShape last summer, and we are pleased to bring camp back to our community again this summer. Mark your calendar for the week of June 20. Camp is open to children who have completed first grade through 9th grade. New this year, WinShape is open to middle schoolers. This is a pilot program for WinShape with very limited space.
Our hope and prayer is that more children will be able to experience the love of Jesus through camp this summer. In order to do this, we will need to raise more scholarship money and increase our number of volunteers, too. So watch for more details coming over the next couple months for ways you can join us in making an eternal difference in the lives of children right here in our own community. For more information about WinShape Camps for Communities, click here.
Director of Children’s Ministries