Fall marks a new beginning for quite a few things around here; football, tailgating, the beginning of school, a change of seasons. For the church it also marks the beginning of a new season of small groups. In the past Cornerstone (Hamilton Road site) has planned a small groups sign-up event by the end of August, but that will be changing this year. Our sign-up event will not be for a few more weeks.
Here are a few answers to some of the questions we have been hearing the last few weeks.
- When will sign-ups begin for small groups? Sign-ups for groups will begin on Sunday, September 13, with information available in the tents out in front of the church through October 11.
- Do I have to sign-up while the tents are set up on Sunday mornings? No, the tents are a great place to ask questions and learn more about groups at Cornerstone in general as well as specific groups. Once the tents are taken down you can go to our website to sign-up for a group.
- Why are we waiting so late for sign-ups to begin? We have a series planned that talks about the three main areas we ask everyone at Cornerstone to be engaged in: Worship, Groups and Serving. It is a six-week series that begins on September 6 with Groups being the focus on September 20 and 27.
- Are Cornerstone groups open or closed? All Cornerstone groups are open. We do put a limit on how many people can be in each group before we have to find an alternate group for people who might want to join the group. Each group leader will work with the Groups Director to determine what that size is for their particular group.
- What if I want to know more about Groups? You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’ll get back to you pretty quickly.
Hopefully this will answer a few of the basic questions many of you have about Groups. Please feel free to email me at the address above or catch me on a Sunday morning, and I’ll be glad to talk with you.
Director of Operations