Campers? Check. Location? Check. WinShape Staff? Check. Awesome volunteers to serve alongside WinShape staff to influence kids at Cornerstone and in the Lee County area? That’s where you come in! We need you! We are so excited to bring WinShape Camps for Communities to the Auburn/Opelika area for the first time this Summer, and we don’t want you to miss this special opportunity!
- WinShape Camp is June 15-19 at Cornerstone Church, Hamilton Road site.
- Camp starts every morning at 7:45 am and ends every afternoon at 5 pm. On Friday, families are invited to attend WinShape Camp and enjoy lunch with their camper(s), and camp ends early at 1:15 pm.
- You’re invited to serve for the entire week if you’re able, but there are also half-day opportunities available. You can sign up to volunteer for just one time or any combination of half or full days.
- Each day at camp you’ll worship, experience Bible teaching and drama, participate with kids in the different skills, play recreation games, eat snacks and lunch with campers, and have a chance to help kids connect the messages from worship to their own lives through small group time.
- Skills include archery, basketball, cheerleading, crafts, dance, fast food, flag football, girl world, gymnastics, lacrosse, leaders in training, man land, musical theatre, newsroom, painting, secret ops, sewing, soccer, under construction, wacky science, and yard games.
- Childcare will be offered for children of volunteers (infants to completed Kindergarten). Just let us know your childcare needs here.
- There will be a brief, mandatory Volunteer Training during the afternoon on Sunday, June 14, with a hotdog dinner for volunteers and the WinShape staff following the Training.
How do I sign up to volunteer?
- If you are age 16 and up, you can sign up to volunteer at WinShape here.
- If you are 7th grade through 15 years old, you can sign up to volunteer at WinShape here.
- If you would like to volunteer to help with childcare during WinShape, you can sign up to volunteer here.
Camp could not happen without volunteers from the community giving their time and effort to pour into the lives of hundreds of kids and their families! Volunteers are the connection between the church and the camper when the week is over, so your role is very important. We hope you’ll consider being a part of this life-changing event in our community!