This internship position will work closely with all Cornerstone Youth staff members and will report directly to the Youth Pastor. Throughout the school year, the Intern will be intentional to develop genuine relationships with youth, their families, and other leaders among our team. During the summer months, the Intern will provide leadership among our retreats and weekly discipleship/relationship events. The Intern will participate in the weekly planning/praying Youth meeting. This experience will provide a 360* view of youth ministry.
Cornerstone Youth is for students in 6th-12th grade. Our goal is leading youth to know and serve Jesus. We are here to help navigate parents and youth through the teenage years. Youth experience personal and spiritual growth as they engage with our large group worship gathering on Sunday nights, find support and deeper conversation in their small groups and explore the impact of serving others as we engage with the needs of our church, our community and our world.
The intern will be expected to have a deepening relationship with Jesus throughout his/her internship. While being involved in the planning and implementing of Youth on Sunday night, the Intern will serve as the primary Cornerstone Youth representative at the Hamilton Road site, which involves being intentional to check-in with currently involved youth and meeting potential youth participants.
The student will be expected to have a vibrant and growing relationship with Christ and a desire to see fellow students grow in their desire for Him. All Interns will be deeply invested in the life of the church – on Sundays, Monday nights, and throughout the week. While the Intern will focus his/her time primarily on youth ministry, he/she will be required to attend monthly All-Staff meetings (last Tuesday of every month) and to be available to help at any and all youth events and assist other ministry areas during important “crunch times” throughout the year (i.e. Christmas, Easter) as deemed necessary by the College Pastor. At the end of the internship, the Intern will have a clear picture of what vocational ministry entails as they pursue their own life’s calling.
- Sunday morning – Weekly attend a service on Sunday morning, unless absence approved by Youth Pastor, either full-time or in rotation with Youth Pastor and Youth Coordinator
- Sunday night – Participate in implementing Cornerstone Youth
- Participate in planning details of the full year and weekly vision for Cornerstone Youth along with Youth Pastor and Youth Coordinator
- Contact same gender visitors to Cornerstone Youth
- Visit at local schools during lunch or special events to foster relationships with students and their friends
- As often as possible, attend sporting, choral, theatrical, etc. events that involve our youth
- Engage with the College Ministry worship on Monday nights
- Year Round
- Recruit other college students to serve with Cornerstone Youth
- Retreats/Summer Missions – Participate in planning, implementing and follow-up for special events that will include weekend or week long overnights
To be considered for the Cornerstone Youth Internship, any candidate must meet the following:
- Is a baptized, committed follower of Jesus Christ
- Currently enrolled in either graduate or undergraduate studies
- Has completed at least 1 year of undergraduate studies
- Leads a life that could be characterized as one “above reproach” in both his or her personal life and ministry – Titus 1.7-9 (Including his/her dating, friendships, relationship with parents, and among peers at Cornerstone and on campus).
- Capable or working on a team (Given the emphasis Scripture puts on fellowship and working together, working as a team is one of our Core Values at Cornerstone Church)
- Willing to commit 15-20 hours per week to Cornerstone’s mission: Leading People to Know and Serve Jesus.
- Desiring to grow from the Internship, not simply to meet his or her college’s requirements.
If you are interested in an internship position in Cornerstone Youth, apply here.