This internship position will work closely with all Cornerstone Kids’ staff members and will report directly to the Children’s Ministry Director. This position will support our ministry efforts to deliver high quality, relevant, creative programming for children and families that is honoring to Christ. Involvement will include weekly Cornerstone Kids preparations and Sunday morning programming.
Cornerstone Kids is Cornerstone’s ministry to infants through 5th graders. Our mission is to impact kids for Christ. Each week we create a positive, upbeat, fun atmosphere for our kids. Using games, crafts, relevant music, engaging drama and Bible stories, we strive to build a foundation of faith in the lives of our kids as we love them and lead them to know and serve Jesus.
The student will be expected to have a vibrant and growing relationship with Christ and a desire to see fellow students grow in their desire for Him. Secondly, all Interns will be deeply invested in the life of the church – on Sunday mornings, Monday nights, and throughout the week. While the Intern will focus his/her time primarily on children’s ministry, he/she will be required to attend monthly All-Staff meetings (last Tuesday of every month) and to be available to help other ministry areas during important “crunch times” throughout the year (i.e. Christmas, Easter) as deemed necessary by the College Pastor. At the end of the internship, the Intern will have a clear picture of what vocational ministry entails as they pursue their own life’s calling.
- Weekly planning and preparations for our Sunday morning children’s ministry – assisting with copying, cutting, gathering and organizing lesson supplies, preparing props for Bible stories, assisting with production planning, etc.
- Delivering our Sunday morning programming, which includes set-up, engaging with our children and volunteers, leading lessons, sharing our Bible story, running our production, clean-up
- Working with those who serve within our ministry – getting to know our volunteers, participating in volunteer orientations, and other volunteer meetings and gatherings
- Attending and participating in team meetings, planning meetings, and other important ministry meetings
- Collaborating/strategizing with Cornerstone Kids staff members to enhance and improve ministry programming
- Planning and preparations for special events such as Trunk or Treat, Operation Christmas Child, WinShape Camps for Communities, etc.
- Work effectively with other Cornerstone staff members as needed or requested in an effort to carry out the mission and ministry of Cornerstone Church
To be considered for the College Internship, any candidate must meet the following:
- Is a baptized, committed follower of Jesus Christ
- Currently enrolled in either graduate or undergraduate studies
- Has completed at least 1 year of undergraduate studies
- Leads a life that could be characterized as one “above reproach” in both his or her personal life and ministry – Titus 1.7-9 (Including his/her dating, friendships, relationship with parents, and among peers at Cornerstone and on campus)
- Capable of working on a team (Given the emphasis Scripture puts on fellowship and working together, working as a team is one of our Core Values at Cornerstone Church)
- Willing to commit 15-20 hours per week to Cornerstone’s mission: Leading People to Know and Serve Jesus
- Desiring to grow from the Internship, not simply to meet his or her college’s requirements
If you are interested in an internship position in Cornerstone Kids, apply here.