It’s that time again for Christmas in Cornerstone Kids, and this year, we are getting all “Wrapped Up” in the “Bestest News Ever!” We are getting back to the true meaning of Christmas, the story of God’s love, and passing on that love to others.
In the halls of Pebble Path this December, you may hear your preschoolers suddenly speaking in rhyme! Our little ones will be experiencing the joy of Christmas by learning the story of Jesus’ birth through scripture and through a rhyming, weekly excerpt of the Christmas story. This theme of the “Bestest News Ever!” will teach them that Jesus is God’s Son and John 3:16, “God loved the world so much that He gave His only Son.” Cornerstone Kids will also be sending home a copy of the Christmas Story with the Pebble Path kids. Join us in celebrating Christmas by reading this special story of Jesus’ birth and learning it with your children!
Our goal in Rock City this month is to experience the joy of the Christmas season, not by getting “Wrapped Up” in ourselves, but by getting wrapped up in generosity. As the parents are learning the four principles of the Advent Conspiracy (worship fully, spend less, give more, love all) this advent season, you will notice our elementary students in Rock City are learning similar truths. Each Sunday, your children will walk away being reminded of these four bottom lines:
- “Don’t get wrapped up in your stuff.”
- “Get wrapped up in what matters most.”
- “Get wrapped up in Christmas.”
- “Get wrapped up in giving.”
Similar to the Advent Conspiracy, we’ll also be “conspiring” to giving of our time and showing kindness to our neighbors in Lee County, and on December 14, we’ll be raising funds for the Renewal Health Clinic in Buloba. Go here for more information on this medical clinic and the Advent Conspiracy.
- BigHouse Santa’s Workshop is Saturday, December 13, 8 am-4 pm, at the Hamilton Road site. Help BigHouse Foundation serve the foster care community by providing time, snacks or inexpensive gift items. This allows foster families and children to shop for Christmas gifts for each other. Go here for more information and to sign up.
- December 14 is the “give” day for the Africa Renewal University Medical Clinic. You can give online here or pick up a giving envelope at the Welcome Desk at the Lee-Scott or Hamilton Road sites to drop your gift in the offering bucket. Although December 14 is the official “give” day, you may give any time until December 31.
- Celebrate Christmas Eve at Cornerstone! Hamilton Road site will have services at 5 pm (childcare available for infants – 3 year olds) and 6:30 pm (no childcare). Lee-Scott will have one service at 5:30 pm (no childcare). Children are encouraged to attend any of the services.
- Special Worship Event is on December 28. There will be just one service for all sites at 9:30 am at the Hamilton Road site. Childcare will be available for infants -3 year olds.
Merry Christmas from the Cornerstone Kids Staff, and we can’t wait to see you Sunday!
Cornerstone Kids Creative Arts Coordinator