Rusty Hutson – Lead Pastor
- Passion: Reaching out to the unchurched and non Christians in the community (this has helped shape the mission and vision of Cornerstone, but has also kept the church reaching out through creativity, innovation, change and new approaches to ministry).
- Birthplace: Peoria, Illinois, but grew up in Montgomery, AL from the age of 5
- Education: 1989 Mercer University with BA in Fine Art and 1995 Asbury Theological Seminary with Master of Divinity degree
- Family Life: Married to Becky with 3 boys (Michael, Wesley and Will). Together we love to camp, bike, go to “the Farm” in South Alabama, fish… basically anything that can be done outdoors!
- What did you do before becoming a pastor? I worked for a yearbook company and helped start a sign company in Montgomery.
- Tell us about the beginning of Cornerstone. My first appointment after seminary was in 1996 to First United Methodist Church, in Montgomery AL as an Associate Pastor. In 1999 I was appointed to start a new church in Auburn that would become Cornerstone. (click here to read more about the history of Cornerstone)
- What do you enjoy in your free time? I enjoy golf, hunting, fishing and Auburn athletics of all kinds.