Franklin Baxter – Building Superintendent
aka: MacGyver (because he can fix anything!)
- Birthplace: Born in Dothan, AL and grew up in Louisville, AL
- Education: Degree from Auburn University, Department of Fisheries and Allied Aquaculture
- Family Life: I am married to Amy, and we have two daughters, Sidney and Maggie.
- How did you first come to Cornerstone and why did you stay? We came through friends that had started the church plant. We were looking for a new church for our young family and had tried other larger churches in area and decided to give the skate center a try. We stayed because we liked the messages, music and ability to serve on Sunday mornings, which we had never done on this level. The food and casual dress code were also a plus.
- When did you join the Cornerstone staff team? (We’ve heard that you have been on staff at Cornerstone longer than anyone else, except Rusty!). When we moved from the skate center
- What exactly do you do as “building superintendent? I make sure all things are working correctly, repair things as needed, and make sure building and grounds are in good shape.
- Do you have a favorite Bible verse? Jeremiah 29: 11-13
- So how many speeding tickets have you had? 3-4
- What’s your dream travel location? Alaska, boat, train & plane. I just think it is so remote, wild and untouched.
- Favorite Food: My wife’s Lasagna or Shrimp, then Mexican, Steak, other Seafood
- Favorite Movie: “Shawshank Redemption” – I just like the story of good winning in the end.
- What’s something that God has been teaching you lately? Patience, and to be ready for Gods answer when you ask for something. Trust that he has a plan, and I need to follow up on the plan God gives us and see where it leads.
- Is there one thing you want people to know about you? I love spending time with my family, and I’m not perfect. I can not fix everything.