Just like school-age kids, we can’t wait for summer to get here! We’ve got so many great adventures planned for some of the most awesome kids ever, our kids!
- Camp Cornerstone: We’ll kick things off on June 3 with Camp Cornerstone’s Weird Animals. We will be transforming Cornerstone Church into a wild and crazy zoo filled with strange and unusual critters and creatures. It will be a week filled with lively worship, great Bible teaching, drama, crafts, games, snacks and more! Our kids will learn – even though we are all different, even though we get left out, and even though we do wrong – our great God will always love us!! To learn more about Weird Animals and to register go here.
- Serve Days: On three Wednesday mornings in June, our current 4th and 5th graders (rising 5th & 6th graders) will have the opportunity to serve together. We will begin each serve day at Cornerstone with a devotion and prayer, and then will head out into the community to serve. We will serve foster families with the Big House on June 11. We’ll serve at Arbor Springs Nursing Home on June 18. And on June 25 we’ll be at the East Alabama Food Bank. We will end each morning with lunch out together. Look for registration information on cornerstonebuzz.org coming soon.
- Merge Camp: For current 4th and 5th graders (rising 5th and 6th graders) takes place July 14 –July 17 at the YMCA Hargis Retreat Center in Chelsea, AL. The camp theme is “Shipwrecked,” and our kids will learn from Paul’s life about God’s special plan and purpose for them. Camp activities include worship, Bible teaching, drama, fun and games, pool, lake activities, and more. To learn about Merge Camp go here.
- Sunday Mornings: The fun will continue all summer long on Sunday mornings in Cornerstone Kids! In June and July our little ones in Pebble Path will be on a fun-filled Pirate Adventure while they discover that the Bible is better than gold! Our Summer Sundays in Rock City will be filled with worship, Bible teaching, outdoor fun, crafts and more as we teach our kids about Harmony. Summer is a great time for kids to learn that together is truly better! We will dig into the New Testament to learn what God’s Word can teach us about how to get along, how to live well with others, and about friendship.
- Promotion Sunday will take place on August 3. On that Sunday morning, kindergartners move into Rock City, elementary kids move to their new grade groups, and sixth graders will meet with Youth staff to learn about Cornerstone Youth. Watch for more details to come later in the summer.
We look forward to spending this summer with your kids and watching them grow in their faith and in their love for our great God. If you have questions about any of our summer activities contact Jill Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org, at Hamilton Road or Beth Cofield, email@example.com, at Lee-Scott.
Jill Harris – Director of Children’s Ministries