Organization: Community Market of the Food Bank of East Alabama – 3810-C Pepperell Parkway, Opelika, AL
Role: Bagger, Stocker, Receptionist
Purpose: Let’s help the Community Market in their mission of Feeding the hungry of our community by giving the needy access to available food resources. The Community Market, a program of the Food Bank of East Alabama, provides a friendly grocery-store environment for Lee County families in need.
- Bagger – Volunteers will weigh the appropriate food according to the number allotted to the customer. *Immediate volunteer needs: Wednesday 8 am-12 pm; Thursday 8 am-2 pm; Friday 8 am-2 pm; Saturday 8 am-11:30 am.
- Stocker – Volunteers will help the staff to stock the shelves with donated foods.
- Receptionist – Volunteers will answer the phones for appointments.
- Allow 5 minutes for training upon arrival.
- Volunteers are needed especially during summer months when college students are gone, as well as the fourth Tuesday of each month.
If you are interested volunteering or want more information about this serving opportunity, please use the form below to contact the Community Market of the Food Bank of East Alabama.