Sunday, October 27: 4-6 pm in the Lee-Scott Parking Lot
Join us for lots of family fun at Cornerstone’s annual Trunk or Treat. Wear a non-scary costume and enjoy the many activities including a live band and inflatables for the kids. A snack supper will be available at no cost to you. Decorate your car or truck with a theme and come be a part of the fun as we tailgate in the Lee-Scott parking lot. Trunk guidelines are:
- Vehicles need to be in place no later than 3:30 pm with everything set up and ready to go.
- There is no available power for trunks (all on-site power is reserved for food, band, inflatable).
- No silly string allowed at this event.
- Bring your own candy (we are expecting 400 people).
- Trunk sponsors are expected to clean up their trunk space COMPLETELY before leaving for the night. (Lee-Scott has school the next morning. We need to leave the area cleaner than we found it.)
The “entrance fee” and our mission focus for the night will support The BigHouse in Opelika. There are two ways you can support them:
- When a child comes into foster care, they are given a new duffle bag with age appropriate items for them to take to their foster home. This alleviates stress for the social worker and foster parents and gives some comfort and dignity to these children during those first 24 hours.We’d love your help collecting items to keep the “new care closet” stocked and ready to serve these kids. Just bring your donation/entrance fee to The BigHouse table at Trunk or Treat. The following items are needed:
– diapers (sizes 1 – 6, we especially need size 4)
– Pull Ups (boys and girls, variety of sizes)
– new packs underwear (boys and girls, size 2T – adult)
- The BigHouse Foundation’s event, “A Crafty Christmas – Craft Show for a Cause” is Saturday, November 23, 9 am-4 pm, at Old Johnson’s Galleries Building (205 S. 10th Street) in Downtown Opelika. Representatives from The BigHouse will be at Trunk or Treat selling tickets for $5 (ages 12 and under are free).
Please consider buying tickets or making a donation to support their great cause, meeting the needs and improving the quality of life of children in foster care. Go to BigHouse Foundation to learn more about them and “A Crafty Christmas”. You can also “like” their facebook page, “BigHouse Foundation”. Please register at the link below if you will be decorating your vehicle. No childcare is available. Grab the family, chairs and blankets and come out for a great time at Cornerstone!