Other things you gotta know at Cornerstone this week:
Upcoming Youth Events:
- Middle School Ice Cream Social for rising 7th-9th graders – Tuesday, July 17, 6-8:30 pm, at Hamilton Road. Enjoy ice cream and a movie. Don’t forget to bring a friend.
- Cornerstone Youth will meet next on Sunday, July 22, 5:30 pm, at the Hamilton Road site. (No Cornerstone Youth on July 15.)
- Lake Party for rising 10th-12th graders – Sunday, August 5: 12:30-7:30 pm. Look for registration and more details coming soon.
- Back to School Bash for parents and students (rising 6th-12th graders) – Sunday, August 12: 5:30-7:30 pm in the Hamilton Rd. Worship Area.
- Welcome Pool Party for rising 6th-9th graders – Friday, August 17: 5:30-7:30 pm at the Cloverleaf Neighborhood Pool.
- Questions? Email Ginny Hand at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SafeHouse Outreach Mission Trip for rising 10th-12th graders is July 19-22 in Atlanta. Through faith, hope and love in action, SafeHouse brings compassion and love to the hurting and lost. We will spend four days serving that community. The cost is $100. To secure your spot, registration and payment are due by July 8. Contact Brittany Cofield at email@example.com for more information. Go to SafeHouse to register.
Promotion Sunday, August 12
Children entering Kindergarten through 5th grade will be moving up to their new classrooms on Sunday, August 12. Kindergartners through 3rd graders meet in Kidztown. 4th and 5th graders meet in the Barber Shop. Rising 6th graders can look forward to attending Cornerstone Youth’s Back to School Bash that evening.
Find out how you can support our Foster Care Families. We know as we move forward with our Foster Care Ministry, our foster families will have needs. To find out about these needs, sign up to receive notices through your favorite social media tool.
- Follow us on Twitter @fosterbuzz
- Like Cornerstone Church on Facebook
- Log in to myBuzz.me and join the group “Foster Care Needs”
If it is a need you can fulfill, just reply and we will coordinate with you on fulfilling the need.
Uganda Mission Trips
- July 9-19 (open to all)
- July 23-August 2 (closed trip for soccer players)
- October 1-11 (open to all)
If you have any questions about these trips or just want more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the Cornerstone Bookstore located in the lobby of both Lee-Scott and Hamilton Road. It’s open Sunday mornings before and after the services. There you will find resources read and recommended by Cornerstone leaders. Be sure to look at our new foster care resources.
Are you one of those folks who gets really annoyed when they see grammatical/spelling errors in publications? If so, we have the perfect volunteer opportunity for you! Cornerstone has an “Editing Team” that takes on the task of making sure that publications, such as the weekly announcement sheets, small group books and other handouts, go out error-free. And this can be done at your home computer. Contact Julia Farrow at email@example.com for more information on the Editing Team or any other volunteer opportunity.