We are never more like Jesus then when we serve others. And throughout the month of December, Cornerstone members and attenders will be given the opportunity to serve others using a simple box. Are you interested in being a part of this amazing serving opportunity? Then here’s what you need to do:
- Pick up a box and packing list on Sunday morning in the Cornerstone lobby (please do not deviate from this list or leave it in the box when returning it to Cornerstone).
- Pack the box full of food for families in Lee County.
- Return the filled box to the church by January 1, 2012.
- Saturday, January 7, gather at Cornerstone and pack the SUV’s, minivans and pickup trucks with these boxes and head out to specific communities to pass out these boxes to families in our area. (We will work with the Food Bank of East Alabama to target the communities in the greatest need.)
Would you like to donate a Food Box in someone’s honor? Once you’ve returned the full box, stop by the information desk for a recognition card.
This is an opportunity to make a tangible difference in someone’s life by offering basic necessities that many of us take for granted. So let’s make the New Year great for our community with our simple gift of a box of food.
FOOD DROP 2012 – SATURDAY, JANUARY 7
Be at the church at 8:30 am to help load vehicles and then head out to communities identified by the Food Bank of East Alabama. We should be finished by 12 noon. No registration is necessary, however, if you have a large truck or trailer that can be used to transport these boxes, please email Jonathan Savage at email@example.com.
FD-12 Packing List
This list of non-perishable items was selected as they will provide a family of four (two adults & two young children) with three meals a day for two days. These items were also chosen because they require minimal cooking facilities. Please do not deviate from this list or leave it in the box when returning it to Cornerstone.
- 2 Regular Boxes of Cereal (no large boxes)
- 2 Macaroni and cheese dinners
- 1 Pound of rice
- 1 Jar of Peanut Butter and a jar of jelly
- 1 Box of crackers
- 3 Cans of meat (like tuna)
- 2 Cans of Soup
- 3 Cans of vegetables (yellow or green)
- 1 Pound of noodles or spaghetti
- 1 Jar of spaghetti sauce
- 2 Cans of pork and beans
- 2 Cans of Fruit
- 1 (4 roll) package of toilet paper